There are a number of charities and organisations both nationally and locally who are able to provide Debt Advice and Support. Trained advisors can review your income and expenditure and help with arranging repayment plans to your creditors.
I know from speaking with constituents how difficult it can be to make the first step and speak with someone about their money worries but I would encourage everyone who needs it to seek the specialist help they need. The advice available from the charities and organisations listed below is free and is always treated with the utmost confidence.
- Free and impartial help with money, backed by the government | MoneyHelper
- Debt advice | Free debt advice | National Debtline | National Debtline
- Debt Management Plans. Get A Fee-Free DMP From StepChange
- Debt Advice Foundation - Call Our Debt Advisers Free On 0800 043 40 50
- Debt and money - Citizens Advice